What is coaching?
Coaching is a consistent, regular session-based, communicative support process through which you can work to identify your true life and career desires, address blocks and gain the confidence to achieve your goals and visions. It’s an ongoing process, which involves regular exploration of your thoughts, feelings and behaviours and becoming accountable for making changes through taking action.
How does coaching work?
For coaching to work most effectively for you, you’ll need three things: motivation, commitment and the willingness to put actions in to make changes in your life. As your coach, I will be there in a neutral, nonjudgmental and completely supportive capacity to help you get clarity on your desires, encourage change and to challenge any negative thinking that might be holding you back.
Why does coaching work?
Coaching works because its results are based on taking responsibility for where you’re at in your life and making a commitment to taking the right actions to change it. It focuses only on clear, specific goals that are important to you. Therefore, the results will be what you yourself wanted out of it. As your coach, I will accelerate and guide the process providing specific development tools, as needed, to achieve those goals.
Who is coaching for?
Coaching is for anyone who:
- Feels stuck in their personal life or career and is not sure how to go about moving forward
- Wants support to make a career, life, relationship or family change
- Needs clarity on life or career goals
- Is struggling with interpersonal or professional relationships
- Wants to be more pro-active
- Needs to improve their time-management
- Is not where they envisaged they’d be right now
- Wants their mojo back!
What are the benefits of coaching?
In your personal life:
- Clarity on your life direction and personal goals
- A manageable and positive plan for your life
- Recognition of existing personal or professional skills
- Learning how to make potentially difficult changes with peace of mind
- Building self-esteem and confidence
In your career:
- Clarity on your career goals and a plan to achieve them
- Becoming clear about what kind of professional environment suits you and will help you to flourish
- Breaking away from a limiting career, work environment or income
- Gaining leadership or management skills
- Discarding negative head-chat and starting to project a positive attitude
Just for you:
- Help to run your life more smoothly, efficiently and with a sense of calm
- Increasing your sense of achievement and fulfilment
- Having the awesome life you’ve been dreaming of!
Why work with Preet?
We’re all capable of achieving our authentic life vision. That’s a home truth and I know this because I’m living mine right now! The challenge is having the confidence and motivation to make that vision happen and that’s where I come in. My work is in supporting you every step of the process, providing a neutral place for you to unpack and explore your intentions and fears and motivating you to take positive action. I base my methodology on three key things:
Clarity – Knowing what it is you want
Motivation – Doing the right things to get it
Empowerment – Being exactly who you already are, using all your known and hidden talents to have the life you want
How many sessions do I need?
As a general guideline, I work with clients over 12 sessions. However, the amount of sessions needed to achieve your goals depends on three main things:
- The amount of change you want to make
- The consistency of actions you take between sessions
- Being able to overcome challenges in thinking and acting in a manageable time
In your first exploratory session, we take a look at what you want to achieve and start laying down plans, so you can have a sense of achievement with each step.
What is Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)?
From the field of applied psychology, NLP is a model of communication that focuses on identifying and engaging patterns of language, and their associated thoughts, to positively influence a person’s behaviour.
It’s based on the theory that all our understanding of our environment and how we behave is truly experienced through the sensory systems: visual, auditory and kinaesthetic. Our brain therefore stores series of pictures, sounds and the feelings they create. Once we come to understand how stimuli are linked to feelings and behaviours, we can be empowered to change those patterns into ones that serve us more effectively. We also begin to understand that if negative feelings can be self-made, so can positive ones.
What are the benefits of NLP?
- Learn to communicate more effectively
- Motivate yourself and others
- Become more focused
- Create actions to make a difference
- Manage emotions so that you’ll be more influential, more resourceful, pro-active and in control
- Cure phobias, overcome anxiety and become more resourceful
- Increase self-esteem, confidence and energy
- Make your transformation magical!
How does NLP work within coaching?
Using powerful NLP techniques, I help you to access and understand your own conscious and subconscious thinking and how it results in behavioural patterns, which either serve you well or which are negative and life-limiting. With this awareness, you can choose to rewire or ‘re-programme’ old patterns and create the reality you truly want for yourself. I will also help you develop a positive resource bank for yourself where beneficial experiences are stored, which can be used in daily situations.